Monday 6 October 2014

New Blog - Newbie Road Cyclist!

As a rider of MTB's for years I have recently taken purchase of a second hand road bike. After browsing various websites and shops of bikes that seemed incredibly expensive for fairly average low-tech machines, I was lucky enough to be told about a Giant TCR Composite road bike with a Campagnolo group set and wheels that was available, albeit a second hand bike. Well I was particularly impressed with the machine, being easily the lightest weighing bike I'd ever picked up and a good looking ride too, so I happily handed over my hard earned dosh. My other bike is a Gary Fisher Hoo Koo E Koo, a well built machine from Trek. But after picking up the Giant TCR, the MTB now feels an incredibly heavy and cumbersome beast. But, I still love it all the same, an ideal machine for trail riding.
So now I have a road bike! This is a completely different game, feeling quite different to riding a MTB and it has taken some getting used to. I have done just under 120 miles on it so far since buying it in July - not the greatest athletic achievement known to mankind I'll admit, but this has engaged me to buy various products for my machine, I've also found myself constantly adjusting the saddle position and height and of course taking the time to clean and lubricate the bike too! But one thing I have found that is probably the most important element of my experience so far, I've really enjoyed it.
Well enough of this jibber jabber. I spend most of my spare time hiking the hills and fells of the UK, so going back to riding bikes regularly has been an interesting experience - take a look at my other blog some time - Fell Finder. So now  I have decided to do a blog for cycling, this will consist of unbiased gear reviews, general chitter chatter about bikes, and perhaps the occasional cycling route too.
Cheers.

My Giant TCR Composite... New stuff 218
New stuff 219

No comments:

Post a Comment