Tuesday 7 October 2014

Muc-Off dry lube Review

New stuff 220

4 out of 5 stars.
Retailer: Tesco

After purchasing my second hand road bike, and going to town with cleaning it thoroughly to the point it looked as new as it could, it was time to lube the chain set! Now, there is a massive range of lubricants out there to choose from. I was browsing my local Tesco's one day and noticed in their cycle accessories range 'Muc-Off dry lube'. I have to admit to not hearing of dry lubes before, but the general idea is to protect your chain, and in turn your gear cassette etc from picking up general muck and grime during your ride, which apparently 'wet' sprays and lubes do. And dry lubes also seem to be used by the professional racing teams too.

Okay, so how has it performed? Well in all it's been a good find, it does seem to do what it says it does. Compared with what I use on my MTB, of which has mainly been GT85, the dry lube is like a creamy oil that coats the chain and soaks in slowly, it says to leave it to soak into your chain for 4 hours before you ride your bike - which I did. The ride quality has certainly improved, I'm not sure if the quality of the ride would have been any different with GT85 or something similar, I doubt it to be honest, however after a couple of rides of 1-2 hours at a time the chain had picked up very little grime and gunk, excellent indeed.

So in all honestly, this item gets a thumbs up and a small cheer from here at Road and Trail Rider.

No comments:

Post a Comment